Monday, July 30, 2012

Utah

 We stayed at my parent's house in Utah for about a week. The kids loved playing with Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Paul! The mornings were so nice and mild- with much less humidity! My dad got this awesome bounce house for the kids to play with. Lots of fun!!


 





 Lucy was so excited to play makeup with Grandma!


And Emery just loved playing ping pong!



We spent one morning down on Temple Square in Salt Lake City. Lucy wasn't feeling very well that morning but she toughed it out and was doing much better later that day.




Grandma took us to a horse parade in celebration of Pioneer day, later in July.




Emery liked taking pictures of all the horses. Unfortunately, he later deleted them all! I don't think he fully understands that the purpose of taking a picture is to save it! Oh well, he'll learn eventually.


 No trip to Utah seems complete without a visit down to BYU in Provo. We visited the Alumni center, the dinosaur museum and the bookstore. Followed by a delicious lunch at Los Hermanos. (More on all the yummy foods we ate coming up!)



My good friends Jenny and TJ planned an overnight girl's trip in Park City for me! We talked, shopped, and ate yummy food! It was so fun to catch up and have some girl time!! Thanks girls!


While I was in Park City, Grandma took everyone else swimming!





 We just so happened to still be in Utah on the day my sister-in-law Mary was having her graduation. It was neat to be able to make it to celebrate her accomplishment! Congrats Mary!!


One of my favorite things to do in Utah is eat! I love to visit my favorite restaurants that I don't have here in South Carolina! We never get to them all but we sure tried! Some of the places we went this time were Sconecutter, Letherby's, Del Taco, Panda Express, Los Hermanos, and Training Table. YUMMY!


Some other things I didn't get pictures of that we did in Utah: went to the Distribution Center, eye checkup for Joel, got the seatbelt fixed in the van, visited with Joel's sister Annemarie, visited with my Aunt Diana, visited my sister Heidi and her family, and the kids played a lot with grandma and grandpa! It was an awesome week that went by all too fast. But, it was time to head out in the van again to drive 4 hours to Ruby Valley, NV to see Joel's family! So Saturday evening we loaded up and headed out. Man, that 4 hour drive seemed like a piece of cake compared to the 32 hour drive from a week earlier!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

But the question is, did any of you break any dinosaur bones?? (Or did you atleast look for my broken sloth finger?)
That bounce house is awesome! What a cool Grandpa.