Friday, December 11, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
I recently discovered a Great Harvest Bread Co. near where I live. Mmm, fresh warm bread -and free samples too! It reminds me of Utah! And driver's ed (we used to drive 20 minutes down Redwood Rd. and stop to get free samples at the Great Harvest. Hey- it wasn't my idea, it was the teacher's! But I didn't mind! I was always hungry for an after-school snack!)
Today Emery and I stopped by and picked up a regular loaf of white bread. We usually just get the sliced wheat bread at the grocery store and Emery likes it alright since it's what he's always known. When we got home I sliced up some of the white bread and gave Emery a piece. He really liked it and was busy eating so I went upstairs to gather some laundry. A few minutes later I hear him running up the stairs and yelling for me. I thought maybe he'd gotten hurt or something but he runs up to me and says, "Mom, can I have some more of that special bread?"
Who knew plain white bread could be so special :)
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
I realized today that Thanksgiving means something different to every person. Especially when it comes to what foods you eat. And really the best way to get exactly what you want is to make it yourself! This year we made our own Thanksgiving feast for just us. We had turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing (well Joel did-none for me!), rolls, apple pie (again, just for Joel), and cheesecake. I made the rolls yesterday and last night Joel made his own pie (I was very impressed!). We planned to eat around 12:30 or so but the turkey took 4.5 hours to cook instead of 3.5 so we really didn't eat until closer to 1:45-2:00. So we also had some onion dip and chips for an appetizer! MMM! By the time the turkey was done I was ready to make the mashed potatoes and gravy and stuffing. Then when those were done, I sliced a bit of turkey and we dove right in. I didn't even remember to take a picture. We were very hungry. And it was amazing! Just how I like it :) So I hope your Thanksgiving feast turned out just how you like it too!Joel and Emery played outside a bit while the turkey cooked in the morning.
Later, Joel and I were working on getting our Christmas letters ready to send out and Emery decided that paper was too boring to color on. So he wrote all over his face!
Thursday, November 19, 2009
My first blog award- from my cousin Erin. In order to accept this award I was asked to list ten honest things about myself and then pass it on to seven other bloggers. Hmm I'm not sure how this will turn out! I've done a few of these before in the past (ie here and here). I guess I should try to think of something new! Ok here we go:
1. I don't really like being pregnant. Don't get me wrong, I am super excited for baby #2 but I'm not one of those women who actually enjoys being large and uncomfortable. I suppose if I wasn't sick out of my mind that might help too. Why is it that some women don't have morning sickness? Not fair!
2 .I want to see New Moon. But maybe not for a few weeks. I don't want to see it in a packed theater of teenagers. And hey, I may be 25 but I am allowed to like a little vampire romance!
3. I am scared of someone breaking in my house. While I'm in it. Because after living in 2nd floor apartments for several years, living at ground level is scary. There are so many more entries! Not only is there the front door, but the back door, and garage door, as well as several windows.
4. I love to get a good deal. I can often be found at Target (my favorite store) perusing the back aisles for clearance merchandise. And for sure you'll find me in the toy section in the first of August and after Christmas looking for the 75% deals!
5. I love fast food. There are so many choices and delicious things! Plus I don't have to cook or do dishes after. The only thing I don't love is the prices. If I could afford it I may eat out every meal. But since that doesn't fit into my budget we have to limit it a bit.
6. I am already listening to Christmas music. I know I know. Thanksgiving hasn't even come yet. Well, it's cheery and makes me happy and excited for the holidays-even for Thanksgiving. So there. Don't hate.
7. I love fruit! And this time of year I was so excited to find Clementines, pomegranates, honey crisp apples, and pineapple. I even found some yummy strawberries yesterday. Every night I have a little bowl of grapes and some water on my night stand in case I wake up and need a little snack. MMM.
8. I hate washing my face. I am usually so tired by the end of the day that I dread having to wash up before I can roll into bed. But if I put on makeup that day I have to or else I'll break out over night. So sometimes if I'm not going anywhere I'll just go without makeup-just so I don't have to wash my face that night.
9. I miss Utah. I love the mountains. The crisp air. Family. Friends. (and also my favorite fast food joints). But I don't miss the snow. Except on Christmas.
10. I never realized having a house was so much work. I guess I knew it abstractly but you never really know until you experience it. The cleaning, yard work, and a to do list that is always getting longer. My dad always told me a house was a money pit. Know I know what he meant.
So now I will give this award (and tag) to....
1. Jenny Saunder
2. TJ Black
3. Erin Anderson
4. Jennie Frey
5. Andrea Capener
6. Laisa Miller
7. Becky Stoddard
I can't wait to hear your all about your honest scrap!
Friday, November 6, 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009
October 25th was Emery's 3rd birthday! We had cake, presents, balloons, doughnuts, and lots of candy! What more could a kid ask for?
Emery was so lucky to have his grandpa and grandma visit for his birthday!
Emery was a train engineer AND
a cowboy for Halloween!
All ready to go Trick-or Treating (in the rain!)
He didn't last too long. We didn't make it to quite all the houses in our subdivision. But he got plenty of candy! And we didn't have very many kids come to our door so we have lots left over to eat ourselves too!
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Saturday, September 5, 2009
We've be so lucky to have some nice "Fall" weather and have been spending as much time outside as possible! We took a trip to the zoo this week with some friends.
Emery is covering his ears because some monkeys were going crazy and making lots of noise. He covers his ears lately when he thinks something is too loud. Silly boy!