Sunday, October 26, 2008
To Buy or Not to Buy?
I'll review products I use and let you know whether they are worth your money to buy! Feel free to add your review of the product if you've used it too in the comments section. Have suggestions for products you want me to review? Just send me an email and I'll see what I can do! Hope you like it!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Happy Birthday Emery! Mom and Dad love you so much! It's been 2 crazy years, but we wouldn't trade it for anything :)
Here I am working away on it!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
All the kids dressed up made for one mesmerized kid.
After being hearded like cattle, Emery thought he'd take a little break.
He was very pleased with his bag by the time we left.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
This is the covered playground right outside the zoo. Notice the shade :) Makes me so happy
Plus it really is a nice set up. Emery really likes these chimes and also driving the bus.
So, even though it only takes an hour to go through the zoo, we usally spend at least another hour here playing in the shade. Ahh.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
1. I met Joel when I was 18
2. We started dating when I was 19
3. We got married when I was 20
4. I got pregnant when I was 21
5. I had Emery James when I was 22
6. I grew up in Utah
7. We lived in Atlanta, GA for 2 years while Joel went to Georgia Tech for his masters
8. We now live in Simpsonville, SC
9. My favorite food is potatoes (baked, mashed, scalloped, french fried, chips etc)
10. I love making things (sewing, crocheting, and crafting)
11. I enjoy photography
12. My favorite book (and movie) is Pride and Prejudice
13. I love shopping (probably too much; I'm working on it!)
14. I love spending time with family in Utah and Nevada
15. I enjoy reading, watching tv, and movies
16. I love animals, especially cats
17. I spoke at my high school graduation (fyi: Joel spoke at his too!)
18. I majored in Marriage, Family, and Human Development at BYU
19. I used to be really good at hula hooping
20. I love naps
21. My favorite desert is cream puffs
22. I USED to be good at math
23. I like to get my nails done (sometimes)
24. My husband is perfect for me, we complement each other in so many ways (I'm so lucky!!)
Well there you have it. Julie in a nut shell. he he
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
I saw this idea on another blog. Use a cupcake tin to provide a variety of healthy options for a picky toddler.
Yesterday he had tomatoes, goldfish crackers, apples, corn, cheese toast, and chicken. He didn't finish it all, but I just saved it for the next meal.
Kohls is having some sales on womens clothing. I dropped by and found 2 silky skirts in the Simply Vera Wang collection for 90% off! At only $5.40 each, I think that's one of the best deals I've gotten all year!
Friday, October 3, 2008
A REAL MOM
A real mom uses baby wipes to clean more than dirty bottoms.
A real mom uses her shirt sleeves as napkins and Kleenex.
A real mom allows others to see that she doesn't 'have it all together.'
A real mom picks her kids' noses.
A real mom puts dirty socks on her kids when the clean ones run out.
A real mom has moments when she wishes she wasn't a mom.
A real mom goes potty with an audience.
A real mom sometimes wears makeup, and when she does, her kids say, 'Wow! Mom, you look different!'
A real mom counts chasing a toddler around the house as exercise.
A real mom thinks that occasionally the television makes a wonderful babysitter!
A real mom sometimes feeds her kids cookies for breakfast.
A real mom makes mistakes on a daily basis but keeps on chugging along, trying to get better.
A real mom feeds her children lollipops (or just about anything) so she can complete a phone conversation.
A real mom realizes that she learns as much from her children as her children learn from her.
A real mom knows that childhood passes so quickly- but not quick enough some days.
A real mom needs other real moms.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
I liked the giraffes. They are so pretty!
They have a little kids play area inside that was ok. But then right outside the zoo, there is a spectacular playground. (I'll take pictures next time I go). It had 4 areas to play. Half was for older kids and the other half for younger. And part of both the areas was covered, and so nice and shaddy! Ingenious! Seriously, they need to put covers over more outside playgrounds! They get so hot in the summer!
We had a fun time and I'm excited to go back. I only wish it was a little closer. I mean, it's only about 15 minutes or so, but with gas prices crazy and Emery not being a fan of car rides it could be better. One more reason to move a little closer to Greenville in the future I guess!