Friday, March 30, 2012

Are you ready for Conference?


Conference weekend is almost upon us, and (let's be honest) I'm trying to figure out how to keep the kiddos quiet and distracted so I can actually get something out of it! I found this cute idea for making bags for each apostle with a different activity inside. I didn't have time to sew anything up, but brown paper sacks work too! Not all my bags are exactly like hers, I found other ideas around pinterest and the web.
Here is what's in the bags: President Monson puzzle and coloring sheet, Lego Temple idea, LDS lacing cards, Bingo, Samuel the Lamanite worksheets, Dot to Dots, Temple Matching, Egg letter matching, play-doh, robot puzzle, Glitter glue/paint, foam stickers, sticker/coloring books, water color paints, and an activity book. Most of the ideas I found from this pinterest board.  I got the paper bags, stickers, glue, paint, and activity books from the dollar store.
I'm also going to have a little basket with crayons, markers, scratch paper, Friend magazines, glue, tape, scissors etc for using with some of the bags or if there is a need for a filler activity. Plus, there will be other speakers besides these 15, so I'm sure we'll need a few extra things to do. Fingers crossed they stay quiet for at least some of the 8 hours!
If there is anything you are interested in but can't find a link to, leave me a comment with your email address and I'll send you the link!
ps- if you want to follow me on Pinterest, you can find me HERE!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

OK wow! You are officially amazing. :) We usually find the conference worksheets at SugarDoodle & let the kids work on them. Your kids will have a lot more fun.

Erin said...

Now that's dedication!!

Andrea said...

Very ambitious ... hope it is a success! I make our kids fill out conference packets. Only 2 out of 4 actually still enjoy doing it.