Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day (and 18 weeks)



I can honestly say that this was the best Mother's Day/ weekend I've ever had! My husband was so wonderful and spoiled me. I felt so loved! I'm so grateful to be the mother of this 2 cuties (and one on the way!)
I remember the first Mother's Day after I had Emery. It was so hard. I was still struggling with depression and felt so inadequate as a mother. I started crying during the first talk in church and had to leave.
 I still have many moments of feeling inadequate but also many moments of joy as I watch my children grow. Ever since I was a little girl, all I wanted to be was a mother. I never knew how hard it would be for me. In all my years of preparation, I could never have imagined how I would struggle. But, as I rely on my Heavenly Father I can do hard things. Things I could never do alone. I'm so lucky to be able to stay home with my kids. And every day I try to be a better mother for them. I wish I were more patient, less selfish, and never yelled. But I'm still working on it. I try to remember to enjoy the ride and not be always looking to finish line.
Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Couldn't have said it better - I have all those same feelings. You look so dang cute! And I'm sure your sweet baby will be so adorable too - you sure know how to make 'em!