Wednesday, May 6, 2009

This moment in time: 2 1/2

As I try to think back and remember Emery at different ages, it's all starting to blur. So, I decided to write down things that are going on right now, so I won't forget them!

Age: 2 years 6 months

Weight: 32 lbs

Height: 3ft. (plus 1 1/2 inches)

Hobbies: Reading books, playing outside, playing with pretend food, jumping, running, and climbing.

Skills: Talking much more (finally), navigate and click computer mouse, put on shoes, push play and stop on the remote, and using the key to open the car/house lock.

What I'm into: Playing in the sink, helping out (vacuum, dishes, etc), watching Elmo, going to the library/park/store etc, doing things myself, playing in the rain/puddles, and bubbles.

What I'm not into: Getting too much help from Mom/Dad, sitting still, being quiet, holding hands in the parking lot &/or store, riding in the grocery basket, being strapped into a carseat, runny noses, sun in my eyes, brushing my teeth, and teething (2 year old molars! ouch).

Foods I like: Popsicles, marshmallows, goldfish, animal cookies, milk, hot dogs, cheese, watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, bananas, toast, candy, fruit snacks, crackers, fries, chicken sandwiches, spaghetti/noodles, dipping sauces (ranch, ketchup, etc), rice, raisins, corn, eggs.

Foods I refuse: Chocolate, orange candy/fruit snacks, anything new.

Favorite songs: I am a Child of God, Elmo's World, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Wheels on the Bus, Heavenly Father loves me, The Wise Man, Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, If you're happy and you know it clap your hands, Daddy song, Once there was a snowman, and classical music to fall asleep with.

What I'm saying: "I do it!", "Come here!", "Meee" (please), "Elcome" (your welcome)

1 comment:

Jenna said...

This is so precious! I thought that I would never forget the cute things that my kids would do or say - luckily I wrote things down a few times! You will especially treasure this as time passes. He is such a cutie-pie!